Re: Taking databases offline

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Taking databases offline
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > But had to shutdown server first. So my question (and
> > suggestion) is to consider:
> > ALTER DATABASE <dbname> { OFFLINE [ { WAIT | IMMEDIATE }] | ONLINE };
>
> Of course, you have this ability now on an installation-wide basis
> with the available postmaster shutdown options.  It's difficult to get
> excited about expending the work to make this doable on a per-database
> basis, mainly because I foresee multi-database installations getting
> much less popular once we implement SQL schemas.  Lots of schemas in
> one (user) database per installation will become the norm, I think.
> In that scenario a per-database shutdown option will be useless.

You can shut database access with pg_hba.conf.  I would edit
pg_hba.conf, shutdown postmaster to flush all pages, then start up with
database inactive.  You can then re-enable access to the database later
with pg_hba.conf.

Pennsylvania19026

Сообщение: Re: TOAST performance (was Re: [GENERAL] Delete Performance)
Сообщение: Re: TOAST performance (was Re: [GENERAL] Delete Performance)