Re: HISTORY addition

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: HISTORY addition
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > > Also I suggest we note somewhere that now octet_length(text) returns
> > > the length BEFORE compression for an incompatible change.
> >
> >    octet_length(text_col) now returns non-compressed length (Tatsuo, Bruce)
> >
> > Done.
>
> Thanks. But I did nothing for this. Please remove my name.

But I did very little code for it myself.  Just copied from another
function.  Finding the problem was the majority of the work, and you did
that.

> BTW, are we going to make followings happen for 7.2?
>
> * Add octet_length_server() and octet_length_client() (Thomas, Tatsuo)
> * Make octet_length_client the same as octet_length()
No, we will leave octet_length() alone and revisit for 7.3.  It is a low
priority and adding these would require initdb, and it is too late in
the release cycle anyway.

Pennsylvania19026