Re: dropdb to a remote host

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: dropdb to a remote host
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Well, yeah, this is how that happened. Could you please make a note in the
> pg_hba.conf for future releases indicating if you prohibit connections to
> template1 that certain commands (dropdb being one of them) will not work?

I have added this to pg_hba.conf.sample:

  # The superuser needs access to the 'template1' database because
  # it is used by a variety of PostgreSQL utility commands.

However, this glaringly shows how poor our user-specific authentication
is in pg_hba.conf.  You would have to create a password file with the
super user name in it and add that to the end of the template1 host line
to restrict just to superuser.  Quite cumbersome.

Hopefully in 7.3 we will be able to put usernames in pg_hba.conf.