pgsql/doc/src/sgml datatype.sgml func.sgml

От momjian@postgresql.org
Тема pgsql/doc/src/sgml datatype.sgml func.sgml
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    momjian@postgresql.org    01/11/20 10:42:44

Modified files:
    doc/src/sgml   : datatype.sgml func.sgml

Log message:
    I've created a new section to func.sgml, "Binary String Functions and
    Operators", plagiarized shamelessly from the "String Functions and
    Operators" section. There were enough differences that it made sense (at
    least to me) to give this its own section instead of cramming it in with
    normal string functions. This way I could also make the examples
    relevant, which is particularly important for bytea.

    One thing I think worth mentioning: while documenting the trim()
    function I realized that I never implemented the bytea equivalent of
    rtrim and ltrim. Therefore, the 'leading' and 'trailing' forms of trim,
    available with text, are not available with bytea (I'd be happy to
    correct this, but since it would require an initdb, I guess not until
    7.3) -- the submitted doc accurately reflects this.

    I will look for other areas of the docs that need mention of bytea, but
    any guidance would be much appreciated.

    --

    Here's a second bytea documentation patch. This one significantly
    expands the "Binary Data" section added by Bruce recently.

    Joe Conway