Re: SELECT * FROM t where p or q;

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: SELECT * FROM t where p or q;
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, 20 Nov 2001 frbn@efbs-seafrigo.fr wrote:

> thanks to you, after a 15mn long "vacuum ANALYZE table"      :(

Ugh.  7.2s vacuum will be much happier (since it doesn't lock
the tables from other usual use - yay Tom!) but I think there's
also some things you may be able to do to speed it up.  It's
possible dropping indexes and recreating them may be faster.

> I can't figure out how Tera-bytes databases admins can
> deal with such vacuum delays!
> (except if a vacuum is only needed every 10 millions records :] )

It mostly depends on the frequency of deletes and updates to the
database.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: