cant alter/create tables via odbc

От Peter Pilsl
Тема cant alter/create tables via odbc
Дата
Список pgsql-general
not sure if this is the right place to ask, cause I dont know if my
problems are postgres-related or ms-access-related.

I want give some privilieged users give direct access to some
postgresql-databases via a ms-access-frontend.  I installed the
odbc-driver on win2000 and configured it without any problem.  I also
can access and change the content of existing tables, but I'm not able
to alter or create tables in the database. I just got the error:
"access cant do changes on linked tables".

This is how I do it: I create a ms-access-database (mdb-file) that
holds all the frontend (reports, masks and all this stuff ...) and
then link some tables from the postgres-odbc-source. When I want to
change this tables (structure, not content) I get the above error. I
dont even know which menues to click to create a new table ..

Do I something wrong on ms-access side ?
Is ms-access  just to stupid ?
does odbc not support alter/create ?

a second question is, that all content in my postgresql-database is
stored unicode and access seems to be unable to handle this, but I'm
sure that this is the wrong place to ask this :)

thnx,
peter

--
mag. peter pilsl