revoke all from public ?

От Henk van Lingen
Тема revoke all from public ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I can't revoke things from 'public'. Do I misunderstand
something or is there a bug?:

henkvl=# create table pipo (field text);
CREATE
henkvl=# grant all on pipo to henkvl;
CHANGE
henkvl=# grant all on pipo to jack;
CHANGE
henkvl=# \z pipo
          Access permissions for database "henkvl"
 Relation |               Access permissions
----------+-------------------------------------------------
 pipo     | {"=","postgres=arwR","henkvl=arwR","jack=arwR"}
(1 row)

henkvl=# revoke all on pipo from public;
CHANGE
henkvl=# \z pipo
          Access permissions for database "henkvl"
 Relation |               Access permissions
----------+-------------------------------------------------
 pipo     | {"=","postgres=arwR","henkvl=arwR","jack=arwR"}
(1 row)

If I revoke from individual users there are no probs.

atlas:/root-# rpm -qf `which postgres`
postgresql-server-7.1.2-4PGDG
atlas:/root-# rpm -qf `which psql`
postgresql-7.1.2-4PGDG

Searching in the archives I found that Tom Lane fixed a prob like this
one year ago? But 7.1.2 is not that old...

Regards,
--
Henk van Lingen, Systems & Network Administrator              (o-      -+
Dept. of Computer Science, Utrecht University.                /\        |