Re: TOAST performance (was Re: [GENERAL] Delete Performance)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: TOAST performance (was Re: [GENERAL] Delete Performance)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Seriously, how do OS's handle partial page write, especially to
> > directories?

I realize UPDATE also requires pre-page writes for the old tuples.  What
bothers me is that unlike INSERT and UPDATE of new rows, DELETE and
UPDATE of old rows is not writing new data but just setting transaction
ID's.  I wish there was a way to store those XID's somewhere else so the
page wouldn't have to be modified.

Pennsylvania19026