Re: 7.2b2 "make check" failure on Red Hat Linux 7.2

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: 7.2b2 "make check" failure on Red Hat Linux 7.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> [011116 16:56]:
> teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød) writes:
> > Since it works when prefix isn't /usr, I'd guess that the build
> > process sets rpath. This takes precedence over LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>
> > Fix? Don't use rpath - it's evil, and should be avoided anyway.
>
> Peter, any thoughts on that?  It's not clear to me that removing
> rpath settings would be an improvement overall, even if it makes
> "make check" more reliable.
My general take is rpath is a *GOOD* thing, as it prevents USERS from
not being able to find REQUIRED shared libs.

I vote for it staying.

LER

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: 7.2b2 "make check" failure on Red Hat Linux 7.2
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Super Optimizing Postgres