Fwd: Btree doesn't work with ">" condition

От Paolo Cassago
Тема Fwd: Btree doesn't work with ">" condition
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,   I'm testing PostgreSQL, version 7.1.2, and I create a table,  test1, with these kind of fields:

CREATE TABLE test1 (   id integer,   content varchar
);

with 800.000 records, and a btree index setted on the id field.

I noticed the query uses the index for "=" and "<" operators, but if the value used for the "<" operator is higher
(600.000for example), the query makes a seq scan of the table, and the index never works with the ">" operator. Am I
managingthe indexes well ?

Thanks for the help.

Ciao Paolo

Paolo Cassago