Re: rename index?

От Brent Verner
Тема Re: rename index?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12 Nov 2001 at 13:35 (-0500), mlw wrote:
| Tom Lane wrote:
| >
| > ALTER TABLE RENAME works on indexes (at least in recent releases).
| >
| >                         regards, tom lane
|
| Hmm, how does that work? Is there a naming convention which I must follow for
| this to work? (I am using 7.2B2 to devlope this system).

ALTER TABLE /will/ keep the index on the table, but the index will
retain its original name, i.e., idx_fubar_tmp_id, even after the
table is renamed, so doing your create/copy/rename/drop sequence will
not work the second time, since the temp index already exists (by name).

This seems like a useful feature to have.  Is there anything like
this in SQL99?

cheers. brent-'who doesn''t have SQL99 docs'

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman