Re: RelationFlushRelation() or RelationClearRelation()

От Brent Verner
Тема Re: RelationFlushRelation() or RelationClearRelation()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09 Nov 2001 at 23:41 (-0500), Tom Lane wrote:
| Brent Verner <brent@rcfile.org> writes:
| >   Thanks for your assistance with this, and hopefully the next time I
| > decide to hack at PG, I'll choose something a bit more my speed :-P
|
| Sounds like "your speed" has advanced a couple notches.  Hang in there
| ... how do you think the rest of us learned?  ;-)

I sure hope it didn't hurt anyone elses head as much as it hurts mine.
My initial 'success' was sheer luck.  In testing, I noticed certain
length column names would do the wrong thing... Turns out I had to
malloc the struct varlena* so it was padded to account for the size
of the attached vl_dat data, to keep vl_dat from stepping all over
the place... oh, /that's/ why I like perl ;-)

cheers. brent

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman