Re: Comprehensive PostgreSQL-Windows Install Instructions

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: Comprehensive PostgreSQL-Windows Install Instructions
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Dave,

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 05:54:11PM -0700, David W. Johnson wrote:
> http://www.ejip.net/faq/postgresql_win_setup_faq.jsp

I have the following feedback on the PostgreSQL section:

1. The pre-built Cygwin PostgreSQL distribution contains both the HTML
documentation and the JDBC driver.

2. I find pathnames such as "CYGWINHOME/usr/local/pgsql/data" and
"/cygdrive/d/apps/cygwin/usr/local/pgsql/data" awkward. IMO, they
should be referred to as just "/usr/local/pgsql/data".

3. IMO, you should include sections describing how to install both
ipc-daemon and postmaster as an NT service.

Jason