Re: Can't find docs on Postgresql.conf

От Roberto Mello
Тема Re: Can't find docs on Postgresql.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 07:21:09PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I was talking to Ben Adida last week (OpenACS) and he mentioned they are
> having problems with the limit at 16, and it seems Josh is as well.  Ben
> is doing some object-oriented function mechanism, and you know how that
> can eat parameters.  Seems we should increase to 24 or 32.  Is there a
> downside to the increase.  I can't even imagine a performance hit.

Indeed we (at OpenACS) could use more parameters.

We are porting a zillion Oracle PL/SQL functions to Postgres, and in
Oracle you can have optional parameters and default values. In PostgreSQL
we have to overload functions to make up for the possible combinations.

In this process, sometimes we run out of parameters and have to submit to
more, errr, creative ways to get the job done.

The %TYPE patch that was added to 7.2 will help us a lot. Thanks a bunch.

-Roberto

--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club |------+ Roberto Mello - Computer Science, USU -
http://www.brasileiro.net      http://www.sdl.usu.edu - Space Dynamics Lab, Developer

Error finding REALITY.SYS  -  Universe halted.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: