help with function and quotes

От qradius@qnet.com.pe
Тема help with function and quotes
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Dear Sirs:
Please I am attempting implement a function that update a
column to current time + X seconds
So the query involved looks like:
update mytable set mytime=now+'X seconds';
Here X is a integer value,
Now I need implement this on my function, But I have problems
at implement this at quotes, e.g. my function could looks
like:
CREATE    FUNCTION addtime(integer) RETURNS INTEGER AS '
DECLARE  additional ALIAS FOR $1;
BEGIN update mytable set mytime=now()+''additional seconds'';
END;
'
return 1;
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';
I know probably this doesn't  works, justly I have doubts
about how to implement this since I want the funtion takes
the variable additional , not the string 'additional', What I
should to consider? I read the documentation on pqsql
language aboute using quotes but none case is resemblance to
my case.
Can someone tell me an orientation about this?
Thank you  in advance.
Ernesto

Este mensaje fue enviado a trav�s de Qnet
http://www.qnet.com.pe

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: