Re: copy command with PSQL

От Jeff Eckermann
Тема Re: copy command with PSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
You need some kind of field separator in your data, a
single character that is not found elsewhere in your
data.
That means you will need to find a way to get your
source application to export the data with separator
characters in place; or else you will need to edit the
output to add those separators.  How you do the
editing depends on the nature of the data and the
format of the output.  If you send me a sample I may
be able to suggest something for you (if the first
alternative is unworkable for you).
I have written some notes on the use of "copy", which
you can find at the techdocs site:
http://techdocs.postgresql.org