JDBC driver bug?? (setBinaryStream)

От 畠中 晃弘
Тема JDBC driver bug?? (setBinaryStream)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I use PostgreSQL-7.1.3 and JDBC driver downloaded from http://jdbc.fastcrypt.com.
OS is Linux.

When I run program using "PreparedStatement.setBinaryStream", I met below exception.

Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  oidin: error in "........"       at
org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(iso-8859-1Source)       at org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(iso-8859-1
Source)      at org.postgresql.jdbc2.Statement.execute(iso-8859-1 Source)       at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.Statement.executeUpdate(iso-8859-1Source)       at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(iso-8859-1Source)

However this program is able to run safely with JDBC driver downloaded from
http://jdbc.postgresql.org.

I tried to download PostgreSQL-7.2beta, compile JDBC driver and run program,
however, I met the same exception.

I saw JDBC driver source, then thought "org.postgresql.jdbc2.PreparedStatement"
program might have bug. The statement

connection.haveMinimumCompatibleVersion("7.2")

appear several times in that source, however I think these statement might
be replaced

connection.haveMinimumServerVersion("7.2")

Thanks.

Four-Dimensional Data, Inc. (in Japan)
Hatanaka, Akihiro.