Re: Beta going well

От Brent Verner
Тема Re: Beta going well
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04 Nov 2001 at 19:59 (-0500), Tom Lane wrote:
| Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
| > ... my gut feel is that our beta1 has had
| > very little exposure outside this list
|
| Probably not, considering it has not been announced anywhere outside
| this list.  Ahem.
|
| Since we've made a number of fixes in the past two weeks, I think
| our next step should be to roll a beta2, and then actually announce it
| [as in pgsql-announce].  We can argue more about schedule after that's
| been out for a week or so.
|
| Anyone have stuff that they need to get in there before beta2?
 I've an in progress (er, stalled ATM) attempt to squash a bug
in ALTER TABLE RENAME, where the args to referenced in function
calls are updtead to reflect the new name[1].  There is also the
outstanding resolution to David Ford's libpq EINTR issues[2], on which
I  agree with your assessment of handling EINTR the same as EINPROGRESS
for connect(), though [AFAICT] David has not confirmed that your
proposed solution solves his problem.
 I'll do my best to get a patch to the list tonight for the ALTER
TABLE RENAME fixes.  If I don't wrap this up tonight, it will be
next weekend before I'll have time to dive back in.  I don't consider
this pending work any reason to hold up any beta2/rc1 scheduling,
since the change is very localized, but this fix should be in before
7.2 is released.

cheers, Brent

1) http://fts.postgresql.org/db/mw/msg.html?mid=1038272
2) http://fts.postgresql.org/db/mw/msg.html?mid=1041165

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Beta going well
От: Hiroshi Inoue
Сообщение: Re: compiler warnings in ODBC