pgsql/src backend/access/heap/Makefile backend ...

От tgl@postgresql.org
Тема pgsql/src backend/access/heap/Makefile backend ...
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    tgl@postgresql.org    01/11/02 11:30:29

Modified files:
    src/backend/access/heap: Makefile heapam.c
    src/backend/access/index: indexam.c
    src/backend/catalog: index.c
    src/backend/commands: command.c comment.c rename.c
    src/backend/parser: parse_func.c
    src/backend/utils/init: postinit.c
    src/include/access: genam.h heapam.h
    src/test/regress/expected: errors.out temp.out
Removed files:
    src/backend/access/heap: stats.c

Log message:
    Fix problem reported by Alex Korn: if a relation has been dropped and
    recreated since the start of our transaction, our first reference to it
    errored out because we'd try to reuse our old relcache entry for it.
    Do this by accepting SI inval messages just before relcache search in
    heap_openr, so that dead relcache entries will be flushed before we
    search.  Also, break heap_open/openr into two pairs of routines,
    relation_open(r) and heap_open(r).  The relation_open routines make
    no tests on relkind and so can be used to open anything that has a
    pg_class entry.  The heap_open routines are wrappers that add a relkind
    test to preserve their established behavior.  Use the relation_open
    routines in several places that had various kluge solutions for opening
    rels that might be either heap or index rels.

    Also, remove the old 'heap stats' code that's been superseded by Jan's
    stats collector, and clean up some inconsistencies in error reporting
    between the different types of ALTER TABLE.