Re: deleting a child table

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: deleting a child table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Culley Harrelson wrote:

> I have dropped the child table in a one to many relationship. Now when
> I try to update the parent table I get a message that the child table
> doesn't exist.  Any idea what I missed?

Is it possible you have a dangling foreign key reference?  I believe
this could be caused if you'd dumped with a 7.0 or 7.1.(up to 2 I think)
pg_dump, because it didn't restore the portion of the trigger which
let it know to be dropped when the other table was dropped.
If so, you'll probably need to look at pg_trigger and find the two
triggers associated with the broken constraint and do a
drop trigger "<trigger name>"; for them.