Re: [GENERAL] To Postgres Devs : Wouldn't changing the selectlimit

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] To Postgres Devs : Wouldn't changing the selectlimit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
OK, then why did Tom tell me to have the discusion on general?  Don't we
ask the general users about user-visible feature removal?  The is not an
implementation issue but a simple, "What do users want?"  I agree it
would be good on hacker too, but how do we have a discussion on both?

> > Are you subscribed to general?
> > Everyone thought LIMIT # OFFSET # was preferred.
>
> I think Hiroshi's point is the same as mine: discussions of feature
> changes need to happen on -hackers before being implemented.
> Subscriptions to other mailing lists should not be required to stay up
> with mainstream development issues.
>
> I'm recently subscribed to -general, to allow me to respond to email
> threads, but it has a lot of traffic and I may not stay subscribed for
> long...
>
>                     - Thomas

Pennsylvania19026