Re: [GENERAL] To Postgres Devs : Wouldn't changing the selectlimit

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] To Postgres Devs : Wouldn't changing the selectlimit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I need more information.  What do you want reversed,
>
> revision 2.253
> date: 2001/09/23 03:39:01;  author: momjian;  state: Exp;  lines: +3 -3
>         Implement TODO item:
>
>         * Change LIMIT val,val to offset,limit to match MySQL
>
> and the related description in HISTORY(Migration to 7.2).

> > and are there
> > enough votes to reverse those votes already made?
>
> I don't think that enough votes are needed to reverse
> the change. You broke the discussion fisrt rule.

It was on the TODO list, and I did exactly what was listed there.  What
we have now is a discussion that the TODO item was wrong.

I also have very few votes to just put it back to how it was in 7.1.  We
have votes for throwing a NOTICE that this syntax is going away, and
votes to remove it completely in 7.2.  We also have few votes to merely
reverse the meaning of the numbers.

Pennsylvania19026