Re: Unicode combining characters

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Unicode combining characters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> * Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> [011011 22:49]:
> >
> > Can I ask about the status of this?
>
> I have sent a patch a few days ago solving the client-side issue (on
> the pgsql-patches mailing list) for review. I think Tatsuo said it
> looked OK, however he should confirm/infirm this.

I've been waiting for Peter's opnion. His understanding of psql is
much better than me.

> There is still the issue about unicode characters which have code
> points above U00FFFF, which probably should be rejected on the server
> side. I have yet to update my patch for that. I'll probably do that
> tomorrow, as I don't have more time tonight, but I think this will be
> trivial, so maybe Tatsuo can do it, if he has some time before that :)

Rejecting over U00FFFF is considered a bug fix, that means we could
fix after the beta test begins:-)

BTW, have you tried my updates for supporting ISO 8859 characters?
Please let me know if you have troubles especially with "euro". I
don't understand none of these charsets...
--
Tatsuo Ishii