Re: Glitch in handling of postmaster -o options

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Glitch in handling of postmaster -o options
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I don't think we can remove -o behavior during beta because it will
> > affect people using -S in startup scripts.
>
> That was *not* the proposal under discussion.  The proposal was to
> warn people in the 7.2 documentation that we plan to remove -o in 7.3.
>
> AFAICS there is no backwards-compatible way to clean up these switches,
> and so the best bet is to make an incompatible change --- after suitable
> warning.

OK, it is on the TODO list so we can do it when we want to.  So you are
considering only a documentation warning?  I was thinking we should have
single-letter replacements installed and print a warning to the user
that the -o '-a -b -c' thing will go away in 7.3.

Pennsylvania19026