Re: Mule internal code ?

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Mule internal code ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> As said in another mail, I have tried to add iso-8859-15 (Latin 9) &
> iso-8859-16 (Latin 10) to PostgreSQL, I think I have done mostly all
> that's necessary. But I miss two things :

ISO-8859-15 and 16! I don't know anything beyond ISO-8859-10. Can you
give me any pointer (URL) explaining what they are?

> - latin92mic/mic2latin9/latin102mic/mic2latin10 in conv.c
> - the leading character value in pg_wchar.h
>
> I don't know anything about MULE except that it's some Emacs standard
> (why they didn't go for Unicode is beyond my understanding, is
> off-topic on this list, and had probably some good argument at the
> time).

Probably this is because Unicode is not perfect at all. For example,
the concept "encode everything in two-bytes" is obviously broken
down, some charsets (for example JIS X 0213) are not supported at all,
etc. etc...

> Can someone point me to where I should look for that ? is it as easy
> as iso-8859-2/3/4 support, or do I need to do something as iso-8859-5 ?

Docs for MULE internal code come with XEmacs. For example, see:

ftp://ftp.xemacs.org/pub/xemacs/docs/letter/internals-letter.pdf.gz

http://www.lns.cornell.edu/public/COMP/info/xemacs/internals/internals_15.html#SEC83

etc.
--
Tatsuo Ishii