Re: Unicode combining characters

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Unicode combining characters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> What's your feeling now about the original question: whether to enable
> multibyte by default now, or not?  I'm still thinking that Peter's
> counsel is the wisest: plan to do it in 7.3, not today.  But this fix
> seems to eliminate the only hard reason we have not to do it today ...

If SQL99's I18N staffs would be added in 7.3, it means both the
multibyte support and the locale support might disappear, then 2might
be merged into it (not sure about NLS. is that compatible with, for
example, per column charset?)

So, for none multibyte users, the multibyte support would be
one-release-only-functionality: suddenly appears in 7.2 and disappears
in 7.3. I'm afraid this would cause more troubles rather than
usefullness.

What do you think?
--
Tatsuo Ishii