Re: [GENERAL] Problem with the accents

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Problem with the accents
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> >
> > You are definitely inputting ISO 8859-1 characters, not UTF-8. That's
> > the source of your problem.
> >

> Hello, In fact, we create and lodge Web sites and we use
> PostgreSQL/Apache/PHP.
>
> I parameterized the encoding in "UNICODE" thinking that it was most
> flexible.
>
> We are French, but we have also Brazilian customers.

So you need to have an Unicode database but your client apps does not
have the capability to input Unicode, right?

Then the only solution would be upgrading to 7.1 and turning on
--enable-unicode-conversion. 7.1 would do the conversion between ISO
8859 and Unicode on the server side.

> According to you, by using PostgreSQL 6.5.3 (the passage to version 7.1
> is planned for the end of the year) can encoding MULE_INTERNAL solve the
> problem ?

Yes. create a MULE_INTERNAL database and use set client_encoding to
whatever...

> Thank you.
>
> PS: Sorry for my English: -)

Me too:-)