Re: do we're in time to catch 7.2 Beta ?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: do we're in time to catch 7.2 Beta ?
Дата
Re: do we're in time to catch 7.2 Beta ?  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
It is my understanding we can add things to /contrib even during beta,
right?  We are certainly more lax with beta than with the main backend
tree.  /contrib does get compiled so it does need to compile cleanly.

> We're about to release brand new contrib module which is
> actually is a first step of integration of OpenFTS to postgres.
> Preliminary numbers are rather impressive -
>
> zen:~/app/pgsql/GiST/tsearch_index$ time psql-dev apod -c \
>  "select title from titles where titleidx @@ 'gist&patch';" > /dev/null
>
> real    0m0.070s
> user    0m0.010s
> sys     0m0.000s
>

> Table 'titles' contains 377905 titles from various mailing lists we
> accumulate in our mailware projects.
>
> apod=# select count(*) from titles;
>  count
> --------
>  377905
> (1 row)
>
> This contrib is based on our GiST development and will work only with
> 7.2.
>
> We need maximum a week to finish, test, benchmark and document.
>
>     Regards,
>         Oleg
> Oleg Bartunov, sci.researcher, hostmaster of AstroNet,
> Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University (Russia)
> Internet: oleg@sai.msu.su, http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
> phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Pennsylvania19026