Re: Spinlock performance improvement proposal

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: Spinlock performance improvement proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 06:48:56PM +0530, Chamanya wrote:

> Number of threads should be equal to or twice that of number of CPUs. I don't
> think more than those many threads would yield any performance improvement.
> This expects that thread still runnig, but each process (thread) sometime
waiting for disk, net etc. During this time can runs some other thread.Performance of program not directly depends on
numberof CPU, but on

type of a work that execute thread. The important thing is how you can
split a work to small and independent parts.
Karel

-- Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz,
http://mape.jcu.cz

От: Oleg Bartunov
Сообщение: Re: ftp.postgresql.org points to new server ...
От: Haller Christoph
Сообщение: What executes faster?