Re: More fixes for missing double quotes in the shell

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: More fixes for missing double quotes in the shell
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> Justin writes:
>
> > I agree it's not strictly necessary, but I thought I'd add them in to
> > follow the generic "good programming practise" of always quoting
> > variables in shell script tests.
>
> In my purely personal opinion it's better to be aware of the possible
> values of a variable than to blindly quote everything.  Somewhere you're
> going to run into nested quote situations which cannot be done portably,
> at which point you have to start doing that anyway.

I am not good at remembering what could be in a variabe.  I find it
easier to just quote everything.  If I have embedded quotes, I do
"\"$X\"".  That requires fiddling less often than having values that
need/don't need quote protection.

Сообщение: Re: Trailing semicolons in psql patch
Сообщение: Re: Trailing semicolons in psql patch