Re: make problems on Apple's new 10.1 os

От Michael A. Peters
Тема Re: make problems on Apple's new 10.1 os
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 23:34:26 -0700
Russ McBride <Russ@psyex.com> wrote:

> Has anyone else had trouble doing a make on the new OS X, 10.1 (with
> pg 7.1.3 & 7.1.2)?  I'm getting a few errors preceded by:
>
> -undefined error must be used when -twolevel_namespace is in effect

In Darwin 1.4 Apple changed the default from -flat_namespace to
-twolevel_namespace

Generally there are two ways to deal with it-

You can specify -flat_namespace before -bundle -undefined suppress in the
ltconfig file, or you can change it all together to -bundle -bundle_loader
/path/to/bundle_loader/binary

In something like php where the php dso is loaded by /usr/sbin/httpd that
is preferred.
I don't know what's preferred in postgresql, but I do know that I did not
get it to succesfully build on 10.1 when I tried the -flat_namespace trick
:(

What did work for me, though its not a real solution, is to build it on
10.0.4, tar up the build directory, and then run make install on 10.1

If a "real" solution doesn't present itself, that would work.

--
Michael A. Peters