Re: Closing Cygwin's window

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: Closing Cygwin's window
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Tamara,

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 06:02:57PM -0300, Tamara D. Blum wrote:
> > Are you using Windows NT 4.0 or 2000?  If so, then I recommend running
> > postmaster as an NT service, so that it automatically starts when the
> > machine boots and stops when the machine shuts down?
>
> Jason,
> i am running ipc-daemon as a service, but i can't run postmaster as service
> because Windows ask me how to open that file.
> I read /usr/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-7.1.3.README and there is nothing about
> running postmaster as a service.

Are you sure that you read the one from 7.1.3?  Maybe you read the one
from 7.1.2.  Here is a snippet from the 7.1.3 README:

4. Install postmaster as a NT service:

    # cygrunsrv --install postmaster --path /usr/bin/postmaster --args "-D /usr/share/postgresql/data -i" --dep
ipc-daemon--termsig INT --user postgres --shutdown # [5] [6]

Jason