Re: Double Quoting Table Names????

От wsheldah@lexmark.com
Тема Re: Double Quoting Table Names????
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Good point.  I think that SQL Server does this as well.  Reason is to preserve
any spaces or capital letters in the table names.  Ugh!

Wes

Mike Mascari <mascarm%mascari.com@interlock.lexmark.com> on 09/26/2001 01:39:00
PM

To:   Edward Muller <edwardam%home.com@interlock.lexmark.com>
cc:   pgsql-general%postgresql.org@interlock.lexmark.com (bcc: Wesley
      Sheldahl/Lex/Lexmark)
Subject:  Re: [GENERAL] Double Quoting Table Names????

Edward Muller wrote:

> I am using a Postgresql 7.1.2 server and it seems that I need to put ""
> around my table name when doing select queries either using JDBC, PHP or
> the psql interface.
>
> None of the docs that I've looked at indicate that I should need to do
> this.
>
> Can anyone explain this?

How were these tables created? A common cause of this condition is
that Access users use the Export utility to create the tables via
the ODBC driver, and Access issues a CREATE TABLE statement with the
table and column names quoted.

Mike Mascari
mascarm@mascari.com

http://archives.postgresql.org