Re: trigger insert duplicate rows question

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: trigger insert duplicate rows question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 10:39:05PM -0600, T.R.Missner@Level3.com wrote:
> Can I capture it in the procedure code?

I don't know about JDBC but I'm pretty sure the C library has a callback
function to deal with NOTICEs from the server, thus allowing you to suppress
them.

> Any other suggestions?

Don't try to insert so many duplicate rows? This may not be possible in your
application.

> Is there a way to get a return from the insert statement in the prodecure?

After you do an insert the result tells you the number of rows inserted. I
beleive this can be used to see if the insert succeeded.

HTH,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/