Re: virtual filesystem atop a PostgreSQL database

От Frank Joerdens
Тема Re: virtual filesystem atop a PostgreSQL database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 01:29:58PM +0000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> > I am wondering whether anyone has already tried it, or if not, looking
> > for starting points as to how to go about doing it:
>
> I recall seeing an article in a magazine a couple of years ago by
> someone using PostgreSQL to implement a versioning file system on Linux.
> I *think* it was in Linux Journal.

Yep. Found it. It looks more or less like what I was suggesting.

http://www2.linuxjournal.com/lj-issues/issue42/1383.html

Unfortunately, the link to the sources is defunct. Does anyone still
have a copy of Pgfs (which is what the author, Brian Bartholomew, called
it)? I am going to write to the author as well.

Cheers, Frank