Re: Patch for pl/tcl Tcl_ExternalToUtf and Tcl_UtfToExternal

От Vsevolod Lobko
Тема Re: Patch for pl/tcl Tcl_ExternalToUtf and Tcl_UtfToExternal
Дата
Re: Patch for pl/tcl Tcl_ExternalToUtf and Tcl_UtfToExternal  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-patches
On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Vsevolod Lobko writes:
>
> > > - PostgreSQL requires to be compiled with --enable-multibyte
> > >   and --enable-unicode-convertion if it ought to work correctly
> > >   with Tcl/Tk >= 8.1 (client or server side).
> > >
> > > - PL/Tcl needs to be changed to use pg_do_encoding_conversion
> > >   if it runs on a Tcl version >= 8.1 .
>
> > I'll do pl/tcl part in the next version of patch. Using this approach we
> > can eliminate overhead for databases in UNICODE.
>
> Any progress on this?  I'd prefer to get rid of this --enable-pltcl-utf
> option before release.

Done

Next version removes --enable-pltcl-utf switch and enables embedded
utf conversion of pgsql if tcl version >=8.1 and --enable-unicode-conversion

Вложения