Re: PostgreSQL funding/organization

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PostgreSQL funding/organization
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Three things that GB provided for their $25million:
>
> 1. Tom's ability to focus on programming more
> 2. Bruce's ability to travel and evangelize(sp?) more
> 3. www.greatbridge.org
>
> Three things that are going to change now that GB is gone:
>
> 1. tom's wife will see more of him
> 2. bruce's wife and kids will see more of him
> 3. www.greatbridge.org lives on as gborg.postgresql.org
>
> Two things that won't change much:
>
> 1. Tom's visibility in the groups and in the cvs commit logs
> 2. Bruce's visibility in the groups and in the cvs commit logs

Don't count us out yet.  I belive I will find a job continuing to work
on PostgreSQL full-time and hope the others can do the same.

As for my wife, she actually saw more of me while I was at GB because
before I had a full-time job _and_ worked on PostgreSQL several hours a
day.  With GB, I only worked on PostgreSQL, which freed up lots of time.

Pennsylvania19026