Re: PostgreSQL funding/organization

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: PostgreSQL funding/organization
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 20 September 2001 11:04 am, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> > ... but PostgreSQL cannot be orphaned in that
> > sense due to its open source nature.

> I'll second that. It isn't just "the open source nature" of PostgreSQL
> which will keep it viable, it is the active developer and user community

Sorry.  My semantics are 'open source status'!='open source nature' -- having
an open source nature includes the developer community's openness.  Many
projects have open source status -- few have an open source nature.  I should
have clarified what I meant.

See my letter to Linux Weekly News from a few weeks ago to find out what I
see in 'open source nature.'
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio