Re: Registring a C function in PostgreSQL II

От Haller Christoph
Тема Re: Registring a C function in PostgreSQL II
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
My understanding is, if you have system calls from within
postgres, the child processes invoked are run in the
postgres user's environment.
So, login as user postgres and have a look what aliases
are set. My idea is, because postgres is not a human user,
these aliases are not set. I think, if you copy the
aliases from your environment to the postgres environment,
you should be able to use them.
But, I do not think it's a good idea to do so, because
using such cross dependencies from the postgres environment
to databank internals is prone to hard-to-find errors
and makes porting applications to quite a hazard.
Regards, Christoph

>  Thank you very much for your help.
>
>   After being testing the program first from my prompt (it worked fine) and
>  then within PostgreSQL, I realized that I was using aliases for the system
>  users emails (for instance I used postgres instead of
>  postgres@myhost.mydomain.com
>
>  once that i tried the "complete" email address it worked fine. Is it
>  possible to use aliases from within PostgreSQL (outside works fine, which
> is
>  something weird that I dont understand).
>
>   Many thanks
>
>   Miguel

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: