Re: www.postgresql.org

От Chris Bowlby
Тема Re: www.postgresql.org
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

Hi All,

 Just to let you know, the server's were up and running and were very
stable at the time of this outage. The cause was a leading router by a
provider in the Toronto area that is a few levels above where
www.postgresql.org resides. The new version of the Code Red 2 virus hit
the router and pretty much flattened it. It appears to be able to infect
cicso routers and some unix varients...

> > Kristopher Yates wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > It seems the site is down.  With all the recent news related to
> > > Postgres, what is the future?  All the media is unclear and
> > > questionable (greatbridge, etc).  Will the site be back up?  I cant
> > > find my last copy of the online docs locally.. Thanks for any replies
>
> The machine seems to be in a state of confusion right now.  I know Marc's
> in process of alot of reconfiguration, perhaps it's related.
>
> As far as the recent news, PostgreSQL.org is not, nor has it ever been
> a property of Great Bridge - and vice versa.  PostgreSQL's future is
> very strong and will continue to be strong.  Also Great Bridge does
> not, nor has it ever owned PostgreSQL.  PostgreSQL is the product of
> the PostgreSQL Global Development Group.
>
> The site will be back up about the time someone goes up to the computer
> and kicks it :) I'm guessing sometime this morning.  In the mean time
> http://www.ca.postgresql.org (Canada) and http://www.us.postgresql.org
> (US) are both up and running.
>
> Vince.
> --
> Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net
>          56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
>         Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com
>        Online Giftshop Superstore    http://www.cloudninegifts.com
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org

 Chris Bowlby,