Re: Holiday Calculations?

От Philip Hallstrom
Тема Re: Holiday Calculations?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Not that this is the best solution, but I read in a book (SQL for smarties
I think) the following (maybe I'm wrong, but this is what I remember :)

Create a holidays table.  Put in all the holidays.  Do the math yourself
and just put them in there manually for the next 10 years or so (and then
remind yourself to do it again in 10 years :)

Then just look them up in that table.

The example I was reading about was how to determine "the next 3rd
business day".  his advice was to put all the weekends and holidays in
that table and then it made the queries easy.

Something like that anyway :)  Check out the book for more info.

-philip