Re: Status of index location patch

От Jim Buttafuoco
Тема Re: Status of index location patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Vadim,

I guess I am still confused...

In dbcommands.c resolve_alt_dbpath() takes the db oid as a argument.
This number is used to "find" the directory where the data files live.
All the patch does is put the indexes into a "db oid"_index directory
instead of "db oid"

This is for tables  snprintf(ret, len, "%s/base/%u", prefix, dboid);
This is for indexes snprintf(ret, len, "%s/base/%u_index", prefix,
dboid);

And in catalog.c
tables: sprintf(path, "%s/base/%u/%u", DataDir, rnode.tblNode,
rnode.relNode);
indexes: sprintf(path, "%s/base/%u_index/%u", DataDir,                               rnode.tblNode,rnode.relNode);

Can you explain how I would get the tblNode for an existing database
index files  if it doesn't have the same OID as the database entry in
pg_databases.

Jim