Re: platform independent set-up

От Tomasz Zielonka
Тема Re: platform independent set-up
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 03:36:13PM +0200, jeroen.van.rest@philips.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [...]
>
> The question now is how to communicate from my front-end to the database and
> back? I don't know much about this part of systems, but I guess that ODBC and
> JDBC are the kind of stuff I need. But I am not sure if they have what I
> need.

> I don't think ODBC can run on Linux, or that there is a JDBC driver for
> (postgres on CygWin).

ODBC works fine on Linux. See http://www.iodbc.org/ for libiodbc. PostgreSQL
specific ODBC driver is in the pgsql main source tree. I know an application
which is used in production environment, which uses Linux+ODBC+PostgreSQL.

tom

--
.signature: Too many levels of symbolic links

Сообщение: Re: Post Installation problem
Сообщение: Re: Post Installation problem