ERROR: Cannot insert a duplicate key into a unique index

От Haller Christoph
Тема ERROR: Cannot insert a duplicate key into a unique index
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
[SQL] ERROR:  Cannot insert a duplicate key into a unique index

I'm working on a C code application using loads of
insert commands.
It is essential to distinguish between an error
coming from a misformed command or other fatal
reasons and a duplicate key.
In either case, the PQresultStatus() returns
PGRES_FATAL_ERROR
I can check PQresultErrorMessage() for the
error message above, but then I have to rely
on this string never be changed.
This is no good programming style.
Does anybody have another, better idea or is
there at least a header file available, where
all the error messages can be found?

Regards, Christoph

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: