Re: Installation location of Perl and Python modules

От Bradley McLean
Тема Re: Installation location of Perl and Python modules
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Is it out of the question to do #3 (or #2), and offer an alternate
install target to copy to #1?

If I'm actively using postgres with a scripting language, I'll want
it installed in the standard system installation of that language.
This would require a separate install step (or an additional .rpm
or .deb).

If, I'm not, and perhaps trying to careful control the standard system
install of that language, I won't want it installed there.

So I'd argue that placing it completely within the postgres environment,
and then offering a post-install step to transfer it to the installing
person's choice of location (generally the standard language location)
would be an appropriate solution.

I would expect that the install of one package not ding the install of
another.  I would like the above.  I would settle for #3.

-Brad McLean

* Peter Eisentraut (peter_e@gmx.net) [010911 13:58]: