Re: How to make a REALLY FAST db server?

От Jim Buttafuoco
Тема Re: How to make a REALLY FAST db server?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am currently working on a patch to 7.2 that will allow data/indexes to
be in different locations.  I am also looking at replacing the current
LOCATION code with a table driven (pg_locations) that will allow not
only the default data/indexes locations to be set but also each
table/index to have its own location.  The first part is finished.  I
will be making a patch tomorrow after some more testing.  On my app
(about 400G of table data and 350G of index data) it really makes a
difference...

Jim

> >> - Hardware:  dual / quad Intel class
> >
> >OK, but remember I/O is key for databases.  The more spindles the
> >better.  See my performance article on techdocs.
>
> >> - OS:  Prolly FreeBSD (FFS is your friend (what with syncs and all)
and it