Re: INHERIT

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: INHERIT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Harvey wrote: >If I try to get the columns from pg_attribute using the oid of a child >table created with INHERIT
Iget its columns AND all of its inherited >columns. > >How do I just get the columns added by the child table? > >I
figureI could check each column to see if they also exist in >pg_attribute under a parent table but I figure there must
bean >easier/faster way? Another pg_* table perhaps? Besides; I am not certian >this would work if there is a common
columnbetween a child and one of >its parents (if that is even allowed)? > >As usual, any help would be greatly
appreciated.

SELECT a.attname FROM pg_attribute AS a,      pg_class AS c,      pg_inherits AS i WHERE a.attrelid = c.oid AND
i.inhrelid= c.oid AND       c.relname = 'child_table'       AND a.attname NOT IN ( SELECT a.attname   FROM pg_attribute
ASa,        pg_class AS c,        pg_inherits AS i   WHERE i.inhrelid = c.oid AND         a.attrelid = i.inhparent AND
      c.relname = 'child_table' )

========================================   "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil,      and he will flee
fromyou."        James 4:7