What Is The Firing Order?

От
Тема What Is The Firing Order?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings!

The document says: "Also, if more than one trigger is
defined for the same event on the same relation, the
order of trigger firing is unpredictable. This may be
changed in the future."

My another question is: When both UPDATE trigger (and
its trigger function) and UPDATE CASCADE constraint
are both defined, is the custom UPDATE trigger or the
UPDATE CASCADE constraint fired first?

I wish the constraint will be fired first. Otherwise,
I should not define the constraint (which saves a lot
of work) and code the complex UPDATE CASCADE actions
in the trigger to replace the powerful constraint
functionality during table creation, in order to see
data changed in the expected order. Am I correct?

Thanks!

CN

You too can have your own email address from Eurosport.
http://www.eurosport.com