Re: PostgreSQL in a NT-Environment

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: PostgreSQL in a NT-Environment
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Russell,

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 10:41:50AM -0600, Russell Black wrote:
> > Except the PgAdmin already mentioned, there also remains the pgaccess, a
> MSAccess like frontend to the database, written in Tk/Tcl, which is part of
> the main distribution.
> >
> > SLao
>
> By "main distribution" do you mean the standard cygwin install?  I just ran
> the cygwin setup.exe last week, but I don't appear to have a pgaccess
> executable: see below
>
> /cygdrive/c/cygwin>pgaccess
> bash: pgaccess: command not found
>
> /cygdrive/c/cygwin>find . -name '*pgaccess*'
> ./usr/man/man1/pgaccess.1
> ./usr/man/cat1/pgaccess.1.gz
> ./usr/doc/postgresql-7.1.3/html/app-pgaccess.html

The pgaccess man page contains the following:

    NOTES
           pgaccess  is  written in Tcl/Tk. Your PostgreSQL installa-
           tion needs to be built with Tcl support for pgaccess to be
           available.

Cygwin PostgreSQL is not configured with Tcl/Tk, which explains why
pgaccess is not including in the distribution.  Cygwin PostgreSQL is not
configured with Tcl/Tk because Cygwin Tcl has "issues."  If interested,
search the archives for the details.

Jason