Re: Crash in vacuum analyze

От Sean Chittenden
Тема Re: Crash in vacuum analyze
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> >         Can we test for this at configure time and spit out a warning
> > message to the user that they need to upgrade their version of glibc?
>
> I think most of the people who are getting bitten have installed PG from
> RPMs, so configure couldn't help them anyway.

::grrr::  I have nothing nice to say about RPM's and the headaches they
have caused me in the past.  Is it late to lobby Linux and/or Red Hat
and ask them for a new package format similar to the ports tree?
::grin:: In any case, Tom, you're right again as always.

> Perhaps our future RPMs should have a dependency that requires glibc
> version >= first fixed version.

    Far beit for me to disagree...  was this bug in only Linux's
glibc?

    -sc

--
Sean Chittenden

Сообщение: How Does TEMP Table Work In Plpgsql?